Our face makes our first impression on people. Naturally, we want others to see a look that is as healthy and vibrant on the outside as we feel inside. A facelift can restore -- or help retain -- a youthful visage, which is why it is one of the world’s most popular cosmetic surgical procedures. At Beverly Hills Sunset Surgical Center International in Dubai, we offer the most advanced facelift options, individually tailored for each patient.
Modern techniques have evolved scientifically as well as artistically. In the hands of a highly skilled surgeon, you can achieve just the amount of change you desire – not too much, not too little. Every surgical procedure is personalized to address your specific concerns and to create beautifully natural looking results, never over-done, or overly pulled looking. So what changes do you want to make?
Your face is unique
A facelift can tighten skin that has lost elasticity, and it can remove or redistribute fat to eliminate jowls and restore volume to hollows and wrinkles, even deep folds. Results are long-lasting because a facelift is not skin deep but involves strategically repositioning underlying tissues.
In addition, your surgeon may recommend adding volume and skin resurfacing at the time of your facelift.
Your facial structure, skin, genetics, and lifestyle are uniquely yours, and all of these factors affect the way your face ages, on the surface and deep within. So it is possible that a full traditional facelift may be more than you need. We offer cutting-edge facelift options, surgical and non-surgical.
Surgical facelifts include:
- Mini-Face Lift - This is a smaller, less-invasive version of the traditional facelift, employing an s-shaped incision around the ear, focusing on reducing sagging and aging skin around the lower portion of the face.
- SMAS Face Lift - Also called a SMAS rhytidectomy, this surgical procedure aims to reduce loss of volume in the cheeks and improve the youthful appearance of the lower 2/3rds of the face.
- Deep Plane Face Lift - Developed in response to ptosis of mid-facial structures, this procedure corrects aging facial features and helps fix deep nasolabial folds.
- Precision Face Lift (by Dr. Kim) - This procedure utilizes a laser scalpel for more exact tissue targeting and removal, allowing for a more non-invasive surgical approach to the traditional facelift.
Non-surgical facelifts include:
- Vampire Facelift - This technique employs Juvederm dermal fillers to reduce and remove wrinkles, with platelets extracted from the patient’s own blood.
- Profound RF - This facelift option uses micro-needles that release radiofrequency energy slightly beneath the skin to rejuvenate the patient’s facial features.
- Thread Facelift - A large needle is passed under the skin, with a thread that has small hooks and graspers that tug the tissues into a firmer position while remaining less invasive.
- Facial Definition - Dermal fillers and botox are injectable facelift options that do not require surgical intervention, reducing wrinkles and replacing lost fat and collagen deposits.
Facelift surgery is an outpatient procedure
Regardless of the type of facelift you and your surgeon choose, we will perform the procedure in our state-of-the-art surgical center. You will arrive, receive general anesthesia, have your surgery, and go home the same day. The procedure itself may take between 3 to 5 hours, depending on the details. Throughout, you will receive the utmost in quality care, from every member of our professional, compassionate team.
Your surgeon will make the smallest incisions possible, carefully placing them in the least visible locations such as within the hairline or the crease behind your ear. As the scars heal, they will become virtually undetectable. You will look great, but unless you tell them otherwise, everyone will assume you have simply returned from a wonderfully relaxing vacation.
You will need to set aside some downtime to recover from your surgery, and you will have to follow your doctor’s orders exactly so as not to endanger your results. Exactly how long your recovery takes will depend on your procedure, but most patients are able to return to their normal activities, including going back to work, within two weeks.
There is no such thing as a perfect face, so the “perfect” facelift is one that meets your realistic expectations for change. In the hands of a talented, experienced surgeon, those changes can be impressive, renewing your youthful appearance and overall sense of well-being. With a mini-lift, you will look 7 to 10 years younger. With a deep plane facelift, you may look up to 15 years younger.
You will begin to see your new look soon, but it will take a few months for the final result to be fully revealed. Your face will continue to age as you grow older, but you will continue to look that much younger than your years.
To view more before and after results, go here.
Who is a good candidate?
Any adult who is in good health but has concerns about visible signs of facial aging is a good candidate for some type of facelift.
Because a facelift is both complex and deeply personal, a private consultation is the essential first step to building a comfortable, confident doctor-patient relationship. Our BSSCI surgical team is comprised of top celebrity physicians, renowned for their approachable, trustworthy demeanor as well as their distinguished medical credentials. Your prospective surgeon will answer all your questions, examine your face in detail, and recommend the best plan to keep you looking young.